Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Kent

If Yes & Your Kent Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Kent Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Kent - What can I claim for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much money could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For your claim to succeed you need to have advised the Council. We can assist in helping you do this free of charge.

Damp or mould Problems

Rodent and pest infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Electrics or Boilers.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Kent

What is Housing Association Responsibilities to Kent Tenants?

Although it is difficult to develop what the repair obligations of a housing association or local authority are, in general, social Housing property owners are usually responsible for repair work and upkeep. When you first relocate, and throughout your tenancy, your landlord needs to make certain that the residential or commercial property: Is tidy and fit to reside in Has been fixed (if there is damage). Has safe, practical gas, electrical and pipes. Has safe and secure windows and doors which work properly. Your regional authority or housing association will likely have a repairs and maintenance policy, so it’s an excellent concept to request a copy of this when you relocate. By doing this, if anything does need repairing during your tenancy you have a point of recommendation to understand if the commitment lies with you or your landlord. If your home is harmed, then is damaged even more by repair and maintenance work arranged by your proprietor, then they are responsible for remedying and spending for repair work. If you are living in a home with structural disrepair, your proprietor should make the required repairs as soon as possible. Furthermore, if you’re prevented from utilizing all or part of your home because of repair work, it is possible to request for short-term accommodation or a decrease in lease for the time you are impacted. Are you residing in a state of disrepair? If your property owner fails to offer you with the essential repair work then our Housing disrepair solicitors can help you declare for these repair work and payment. Is your property manager failing to offer you with a safe and fit living area? Contact us.

Kent Housing Association Tenant Responsibilities and Repair Obligations.

As a housing association tenant, you have a series of repair work and upkeep responsibilities, primarily for features inside your residential or commercial property. For instance, if you or somebody visiting your home accidentally or deliberately causes damage, you’ll be the one responsible for fixing it. If something happens and repair is needed then you need to tell your landlord as soon as possible. They might accept carry out home repair work and upkeep themselves and then recharge the cost to you, or they may accept you fixing it. By law, in every tenancy contract it will mention that you need to admit for repair: your landlord or their representative has the right to access your house as long as they give you at least twenty-four hours notification. In an emergency, for example if a pipe has burst, and they can’t call you then they hold the right to enter the residential or commercial property without your approval. You are accountable for utilizing your home in a “tenant-like” method, which usually implies:. Performing minor repair work yourself i.e. changing merges and light bulbs. Keeping your house fairly tidy. Not causing damage to the home – consisting of visitors. Utilizing any fixtures and fittings properly, for instance, not blocking a toilet by flushing something unsuitable down it. It is really essential to note that at no point during the occupancy do you can stop paying or decline to pay rent. Even if your property manager has actually failed to carry out repairs, you should continue to pay lease up until the end of the occupancy. If you think you ought to not need to pay the full amount, you can form a problem with the proprietor in which you can mention your reasons.

Following Your Housing Association’s Complaints Process

Your Housing association will have its own protests procedure. You must have been provided information of this procedure when you signed your tenancy arrangement. If you don’t have it, call your Housing association and ask for a copy in composing. You need to follow this procedure correctly, just when this treatment stops working to get your Housing disrepair repaired, will there be a path to making a settlement claim. We can help you to make injury claims for an injury or illness triggered by Housing disrepair. Call us on the number down near the bottom of this guide to begin your claim today.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly