Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Cheshunt

If Yes & Your Cheshunt Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Cheshunt Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Cheshunt - What can I claim for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much compensation could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For your claim to succeed you need to have advised the Council. We can assist in helping you do this with no cost.

Damp or mould Problems

Pest or Rodent infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Boilers and Electrics.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Cheshunt

Cheshunt Housing Association Tenant Responsibilities and Repair Obligations.

As a housing association occupant, you have a variety of repair work and maintenance obligations, primarily for functions inside your residential or commercial property. For example, if you or someone visiting your home inadvertently or deliberately causes damage, you’ll be the one responsible for fixing it. If something happens and repair is needed then you must inform your property owner as soon as possible. They may agree to carry out home repair work and upkeep themselves and after that recharge the cost to you, or they may agree to you fixing it. By law, in every tenancy agreement it will specify that you must give access for repair work: your landlord or their agent can access your home as long as they offer you a minimum of twenty-four hours notice. In an emergency situation, for instance if a pipe has burst, and they can’t call you then they hold the right to get in the residential or commercial property without your consent. You are accountable for utilizing your home in a “tenant-like” method, which generally suggests:. Carrying out minor repairs yourself i.e. altering fuses and light bulbs. Keeping your home fairly tidy. Not causing damage to the property – consisting of visitors. Utilizing any fixtures and fittings effectively, for instance, not blocking a toilet by flushing something unsuitable down it. It is really important to keep in mind that at no point during the tenancy do you can stop paying or refuse to pay lease. Even if your landlord has stopped working to perform repair work, you must continue to pay rent till the end of the occupancy. If you think you need to not need to pay the full amount, you can form a complaint with the property manager in which you can mention your factors.

Taking Your Housing Association to Court for Housing Disrepair

Once you have actually finished your Housing association problems procedure, you will then have to wait 8 weeks. Throughout this 8-week period, your Housing association should fix your complaint for you. If it does not, then you will need to bring a claims case versus them, which will either be settled out of court, or litigate for judgement. We can assist you take your Housing associated to court. Call us at the number at the bottom of this page to discover how we can do this.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly