Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Didcot

If Yes & Your Didcot Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Didcot Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Didcot - What can I declare for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For a claim to succeed you need to have advised the Council. We can assist in helping you do this with no cost.

Mould or Damp Problems

Rodent and pest infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Electrics or Boilers.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Didcot

Repair Responsibilities in Housing Association and Didcot Resident Authority Residences: Occupants or Landlords?

If you reside in social Housing, your rights and responsibilities as an occupant most likely differ from if you resided in private leased Housing. One grey location which occupants tend to do not have knowledge in is who pays for residential or commercial property repairs and maintenance in social Housing, particularly if the damage is not the renter’s fault. Do the repair work obligations in housing association and local authority houses fall to the occupant or the property manager? The response is – it depends. Sometimes it is clear cut that the occupant is responsible for a repair, and often it’s apparent that the proprietor should pay up, but what takes place when it isn’t so black and white? Or, what takes place if a housing association overlooks their repair work responsibilities and leaves their occupant living in disrepair? This guide plans to assist you establish if your social Housing landlord is attempting to shirk their obligation and what to do about it if they are. If you live in social or council Housing and your property owner is declining to make necessary repair work, we can assist. Repair work and Maintenance in Social Housing

What Are my Housing Association Repair Obligations and Requirements?

Although as an occupant you do have a particular quantity of obligation to keep where you live tidy, safe and neat, your local authority or housing association likewise has a lot of repair work and maintenance commitments. Social Housing landlords are responsible for a lot of repair work in your house, including any damage or disrepair affecting:. the structure/exterior of the structure i.e. the roof, walls, windows and external doors. main heating, gas fires, fireplaces, flues, ventilation and chimneys. water supply, pipes, sinks, toilets and baths. external drains pipes and guttering. gas pipelines, electrical wiring and any home appliances offered i.e. if a washing machine is provided the proprietor is most likely accountable if it breaks. common areas like lifts and entryways. If you live in a home of multiple profession or an HMO, your property manager has even more obligations for fire and general security, supply of water and drain, gas and electricity and waste disposal. These ought to be detailed in your tenancy agreement, which our Housing disrepair lawyers can assist you comprehend if you seem like you have the right to claim against your proprietor or social housing association. We can send out someone over to examine the damage to your home if you reside in social Housing to help us examine if you can make a claim. Get in touch.

Didcot Housing Association Tenant Responsibilities and Repair Obligations.

As a housing association tenant, you have a series of repair work and maintenance obligations, mostly for features inside your property. If you or somebody visiting your home inadvertently or deliberately triggers damage, you’ll be the one accountable for fixing it. If something happens and repair is needed then you ought to inform your property owner as soon as possible. They might consent to perform home repair work and maintenance themselves and after that recharge the cost to you, or they may accept you repairing it. By law, in every tenancy contract it will state that you must admit for repair: your property owner or their representative has the right to access your home as long as they give you at least twenty-four hours notification. In an emergency situation, for instance if a pipe has burst, and they can’t call you then they hold the right to get in the residential or commercial property without your authorization. You are accountable for utilizing your home in a “tenant-like” method, which normally indicates:. Carrying out minor repairs yourself i.e. altering fuses and light bulbs. Keeping your house reasonably tidy. Not triggering damage to the home – consisting of visitors. Utilizing any components and fittings correctly, for example, not obstructing a toilet by flushing something unsuitable down it. It is extremely crucial to note that at no point throughout the tenancy do you have the right to stop paying or refuse to pay lease. Even if your landlord has failed to perform repair work, you must continue to pay lease up until completion of the occupancy. If you think you should not need to pay the full amount, you can form a complaint with the proprietor in which you can state your factors.

Following Your Housing Association’s Complaints Process

Your Housing association will have its own formal complaints procedure. You should have been offered information of this procedure when you signed your tenancy arrangement. If you don’t have it, call your Housing association and request for a copy in composing. You must follow this procedure properly, only when this treatment fails to get your Housing disrepair repaired, will there be a path to making a compensation claim. We can assist you to make personal injury claims for an injury or disease brought on by Housing disrepair. Call us on the number down near the bottom of this guide to begin your claim today.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly