Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair East Sussex

If Yes & Your East Sussex Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our East Sussex Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims East Sussex - What can I claim for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much money could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For a claim to succeed you need to have advised the Housing Association. We can assist in helping you do this with no cost.

Damp or mould Problems

Pest or Rodent infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Boilers and Electrics.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims East Sussex

Repair Work Responsibilities in Housing Association and East Sussex Local Authority Houses: Tenants or Landlords?

If you reside in social Housing, your rights and duties as a renter most likely differ from if you resided in personal rented Housing. One grey area which occupants tend to do not have knowledge in is who spends for residential or commercial property repairs and maintenance in social Housing, especially if the damage is not the tenant’s fault. Do the repair responsibilities in housing association and regional authority houses fall to the tenant or the landlord? The answer is – it depends. Often it is clear cut that the occupant is accountable for a repair, and in some cases it’s obvious that the property owner should pay up, but what happens when it isn’t so black and white? Or, what happens if a housing association neglects their repair obligations and leaves their renter living in disrepair? This guide means to help you establish if your social Housing landlord is attempting to shirk their responsibility and what to do about it if they are. If you reside in social or council Housing and your property owner is declining to make necessary repairs, we can assist. Repair work and Maintenance in Social Housing

What is Housing Association Responsibilities to East Sussex Tenants?

It is hard to develop what the repair commitments of a housing association or regional authority are, in basic, social Housing proprietors are usually responsible for repair work and maintenance. When you first relocate, and throughout your tenancy, your property owner should ensure that the property: Is clean and healthy to reside in Has actually been repaired (if there is damage). Has safe, functional gas, electrical and pipes. Has safe and protected windows and doors which work correctly. Your local authority or housing association will likely have a repairs and upkeep policy, so it’s a good idea to request a copy of this when you move in. In this manner, if anything does require fixing throughout your tenancy you have a point of recommendation to know if the commitment lies with you or your property owner. If your house is damaged, then is harmed even more by repair work and maintenance work organised by your landlord, then they are accountable for rectifying and spending for repairs. If you are living in a home with structural disrepair, your property manager must make the required repair work as soon as possible. Furthermore, if you’re prevented from utilizing all or part of your house because of repair, it is possible to request short-term lodging or a decrease in lease for the time you are impacted. Are you residing in a state of disrepair? If your property owner fails to supply you with the necessary repairs then our Housing disrepair solicitors can help you declare for these repair work and payment. Is your landlord stopping working to supply you with a safe and in shape living area? Get in touch.

What Are my Housing Association Repair Obligations and Requirements?

As a tenant you do have a particular amount of obligation to keep where you live clean, safe and neat, your local authority or housing association likewise has a lot of repair work and upkeep responsibilities. Social Housing proprietors are accountable for many repairs in your home, consisting of any damage or disrepair impacting:. the structure/exterior of the building i.e. the roofing system, walls, windows and external doors. central heating, gas fires, fireplaces, flues, ventilation and chimneys. water system, pipes, sinks, toilets and baths. external drains and guttering. gas pipelines, electrical wiring and any home appliances offered i.e. if a cleaning maker is offered the landlord is most likely responsible if it breaks. common areas like lifts and entrances. If you reside in a house of multiple occupation or an HMO, your property owner has much more responsibilities for fire and basic security, water system and drain, gas and electricity and waste disposal. These should be detailed in your tenancy agreement, which our Housing disrepair solicitors can assist you understand if you feel like you deserve to claim versus your property manager or social housing association. We can send out somebody over to check the damage to your house if you reside in social Housing to help us evaluate if you can make a claim. Contact us.

When Could Make A Complaint About Your East Sussex Housing Association?

Deciding just when to make a problem to your real estate association will come down to just how bad the housing disrepair actually is. If it is the middle of winter and the central heating system has broken down, you will want to complain rapidly. However, in your tenancy agreement, you will find info about the optimum timescale that your housing association needs to fix particular types of repair work. If this optimum timescale has not run, then you need to be reporting the need for a repair, rather than making a grievance about a repair work not being carried out. We can help you claim for housing disrepair from your real estate association. Call us on the telephone number down at the end of this guide to continue.

How to Complain About East Sussex Repairs and Maintenance

If you need to complain to the housing association, there are three primary methods for doing this. The very first approach ought to be utilized in all cases; the other 2 will depend upon the nature of the real estate repair work. You can perhaps pursue landlord payment for trouble for really having to make a claim. The very first approach is to contact your real estate association and follow their protests procedure. This need to be detailed in your occupancy contract. The 2nd technique is to grumble to the Housing Ombudsmen Service. A Government body specifically entrusted with looking after the renters’ rights. The third method only works for health-threatening housing disrepair. Such as settlement for disrepair example would be major, health-threatening mould. And in these cases, you can make a grievance to the Environmental Health Department, who deals with any issues that trigger a health risk to the general public. We can also advise you about the best problems treatment to follow, call us on the number at the bottom of this guide to learn how.

Following Your Housing Association’s Complaints Process

Your Housing association will have its own formal complaints treatment. You need to have been provided information of this treatment when you signed your tenancy contract. If you don’t have it, call your Housing association and request for a copy in writing. You must follow this treatment correctly, just when this treatment stops working to get your Housing disrepair repaired, will there be a route to making a settlement claim. We can assist you to make personal injury claims for an injury or illness brought on by Housing disrepair. Call us on the number down near the bottom of this guide to start your claim today.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly