Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Greater Manchester

If Yes & Your Greater Manchester Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Greater Manchester Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Greater Manchester - What can I declare for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much compensation could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For your claim to succeed you need to have advised the Council. We can assist in helping you do this free of charge.

Damp or mould Problems

Pest or Rodent infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Electrics or Boilers.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Greater Manchester

What is Housing Association Responsibilities to Greater Manchester Tenants?

It is hard to establish what the repair work responsibilities of a housing association or regional authority are, in general, social Housing property owners are usually accountable for repair work and maintenance. When you first relocate, and throughout your occupancy, your proprietor must make sure that the property: Is clean and fit to live in Has been repaired (if there is damage). Has safe, functional gas, electrical and pipes. Has safe and safe and secure doors and windows which work properly. Your local authority or housing association will likely have a repair work and maintenance policy, so it’s a great concept to ask for a copy of this when you move in. In this manner, if anything does need repairing throughout your tenancy you have a point of reference to know if the responsibility lies with you or your proprietor. If your house is damaged, then is damaged further by repair and upkeep work arranged by your proprietor, then they are accountable for remedying and spending for repair work. If you are residing in a house with structural disrepair, your proprietor needs to make the required repair work as soon as possible. Furthermore, if you’re avoided from using all or part of your house because of repair, it is possible to request short-term accommodation or a decrease in lease for the time you are impacted. Are you residing in a state of disrepair? If your proprietor fails to supply you with the needed repair work then our Housing disrepair lawyers can help you declare for these repairs and compensation. Is your property owner stopping working to supply you with a safe and healthy living location? Get in touch.

What is a Housing Association Repairs and Maintenance Policy on Health and Safety Standards?

There are specific health and safety requirements which apply to rented homes. By law, your house must be safe and in shape to live in when your tenancy starts and this need to continue throughout the occupancy. From the starting to the end of your tenancy, your housing association has obligations to repair and maintain safety of:. The gas supply and gas appliances they provide. Electrical circuitry and electrical devices they provide. Condensation, moist and mould are also common issues that you may discover. You must report issues with this to your landlord immediately. Every proprietor, whether they are a local authority or a housing association, has commitments to fix damp and mould, along with to recognize the reason for the problem. After you’ve reported the problem, an inspection and repairs they are accountable for should be carried out. For example, if the condensation has occurred due to a stopping working to supply adequate ventilation on their part, it’s their task to fix the ventilation concern. Moist and mould can present a major risk to health, triggering breathing issues like asthma and bronchitis, particularly in kids. This is why it is necessary that you report it to your proprietor, and that they sort it out as rapidly as possible. Everybody is worthy of a safe house. Are features of your house unsafe, and has your social Housing proprietor failed to make the necessary repair work? To find out more about your housing association responsibilities to occupants, get in touch.

What Are my Housing Association Repair Obligations and Requirements?

Although as an occupant you do have a specific amount of obligation to keep where you live tidy, safe and tidy, your regional authority or housing association likewise has a great deal of repair and maintenance commitments. Social Housing landlords are accountable for a lot of repair work in your home, consisting of any damage or disrepair affecting:. the structure/exterior of the structure i.e. the roofing, walls, windows and external doors. main heating, gas fires, fireplaces, flues, ventilation and chimneys. water system, pipelines, sinks, toilets and baths. external drains pipes and guttering. gas pipes, electrical wiring and any appliances supplied i.e. if a cleaning maker is supplied the property owner is most likely responsible if it breaks. typical locations like lifts and entryways. If you live in a house of several occupation or an HMO, your landlord has even more responsibilities for fire and basic security, water supply and drain, gas and electrical energy and waste disposal. These should be detailed in your occupancy agreement, which our Housing disrepair solicitors can help you understand if you feel like you can claim against your property manager or social housing association. We can send someone over to check the damage to your home if you live in social Housing to help us assess if you can make a claim. Get in touch.

Greater Manchester Housing Association Tenant Responsibilities and Repair Obligations.

As a housing association renter, you have a series of repair work and upkeep responsibilities, primarily for functions inside your residential or commercial property. If you or somebody visiting your home unintentionally or intentionally causes damage, you’ll be the one accountable for fixing it. If something takes place and repair is needed then you ought to inform your proprietor as soon as possible. They may accept perform residential or commercial property repair and maintenance themselves and then charge the expense to you, or they might agree to you repairing it. By law, in every tenancy arrangement it will state that you should give access for repair: your proprietor or their representative has the right to access your house as long as they provide you a minimum of twenty-four hours notification. In an emergency situation, for example if a pipeline has burst, and they can’t contact you then they hold the right to enter the residential or commercial property without your approval. You are responsible for using your home in a “tenant-like” way, which usually suggests:. Performing small repairs yourself i.e. altering fuses and light bulbs. Keeping your house reasonably clean. Not causing damage to the home – including visitors. Utilizing any fixtures and fittings properly, for instance, not obstructing a toilet by flushing something inappropriate down it. It is extremely crucial to keep in mind that at no point throughout the tenancy do you have the right to stop paying or decline to pay rent. Even if your property manager has failed to carry out repairs, you must continue to pay rent up until the end of the tenancy. If you believe you must not need to pay the total, you can form a complaint with the landlord in which you can state your reasons.

What Is Housing Disrepair in A Greater Manchester Housing Association Home?

Numerous homes in the UK suffer from wet, among the most common reasons that people seek housing disrepair settlement. Obviously, damp is a precursor to mould, and mould is also an extremely typical reason for people to seek settlement from the property manager for mould. Your real estate association compensation policy need to cover what the association’s responsibilities are with regard to declaring for needed repair work such as wet and mould. Damp and mould are together, the most typical reasons for individuals to make a problem to their housing association, there are many more reasons such as: No hot water Broken heating Malfunctioning electrics No gas supply Dripping pipelines or roofing system Broken windows or doors There truly are many reasons you might require to declare for housing disrepair versus your real estate association. Call us here at We and inform us what your issue is, and we will let you know whether you have a legitimate claim or not. You can utilize the number at the end of this guide to contact us.

Following Your Housing Association’s Complaints Process

Your Housing association will have its own protests treatment. You ought to have been offered information of this procedure when you signed your occupancy agreement. If you do not have it, call your Housing association and request for a copy in composing. You should follow this procedure appropriately, just when this treatment stops working to get your Housing disrepair fixed, will there be a route to making a compensation claim. We can help you to make accident claims for an injury or health problem brought on by Housing disrepair. Call us on the number down near the bottom of this guide to start your claim today.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly