Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Kirkstall

If Yes & Your Kirkstall Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Kirkstall Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Kirkstall - What can I declare for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For your claim to succeed you need to have advised the Housing Association. We can assist in helping you do this with no cost.

Damp or mould Problems

Pest or Rodent infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Electrics or Boilers.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Kirkstall

What is Housing Association Responsibilities to Kirkstall Tenants?

Although it is tough to establish what the repair work commitments of a housing association or regional authority are, in general, social Housing proprietors are normally responsible for repair work and upkeep. When you first relocate, and throughout your occupancy, your landlord needs to make sure that the property: Is tidy and healthy to live in Has been fixed (if there is damage). Has safe, practical gas, electrical and pipes. Has safe and protected doors and windows which work appropriately. Your local authority or housing association will likely have a repairs and upkeep policy, so it’s a great idea to ask for a copy of this when you move in. This way, if anything does need fixing throughout your occupancy you have a point of recommendation to understand if the commitment lies with you or your landlord. If your house is damaged, then is harmed further by repair and maintenance work organised by your proprietor, then they are accountable for rectifying and paying for repair work. If you are residing in a house with structural disrepair, your property manager should make the necessary repairs as soon as possible. Additionally, if you’re avoided from using all or part of your house because of repair, it is possible to request for momentary accommodation or a decrease in lease for the time you are impacted. Are you living in a state of disrepair? If your proprietor fails to provide you with the essential repair work then our Housing disrepair solicitors can assist you claim for these repair work and compensation. Is your proprietor stopping working to offer you with a safe and fit living area? Get in touch.

What is a Housing Association Repairs and Maintenance Policy on Health and Safety Standards?

There are particular health and wellness standards which apply to rented houses. By law, your house needs to be safe and in shape to live in when your tenancy starts and this must continue throughout the tenancy. From the starting to the end of your tenancy, your housing association has obligations to fix and keep security of:. The gas supply and gas appliances they supply. Electrical wiring and electrical devices they supply. Condensation, damp and mould are also typical issues that you may stumble upon. You must report issues with this to your property owner instantly. Every property owner, whether they are a local authority or a housing association, has commitments to fix moist and mould, in addition to to identify the reason for the problem. After you’ve reported the issue, an inspection and repairs they are responsible for must be performed. If the condensation has occurred due to a failing to offer adequate ventilation on their part, it’s their job to solve the ventilation problem. Wet and mould can position a severe risk to health, causing respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis, particularly in young children. This is why it is vital that you report it to your landlord, which they sort it out as rapidly as possible. Everybody should have a safe house. Are features of your home unsafe, and has your social Housing proprietor failed to make the essential repairs? To learn more about your housing association duties to tenants, get in touch.

Taking Your Housing Association to Court for Housing Disrepair

As soon as you have finished your Housing association grievances treatment, you will then have to wait 8 weeks. During this 8-week duration, your Housing association need to solve your complaint for you. If it does not, then you will require to bring a claims case versus them, which will either be settled out of court, or go to court for judgement. We can assist you take your Housing associated to court. Call us at the number at the bottom of this page to discover how we can do this.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly