Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Lancaster

If Yes & Your Lancaster Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Lancaster Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Lancaster - What can I declare for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much money could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For your claim to succeed you need to have advised the Housing Association. We can assist in helping you do this with no cost.

Mould or Damp Problems

Pest or Rodent infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Boilers and Electrics.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Lancaster

What is Housing Association Responsibilities to Lancaster Tenants?

Although it is difficult to develop what the repair work obligations of a housing association or regional authority are, in general, social Housing property owners are typically responsible for repairs and maintenance. When you initially move in, and throughout your occupancy, your proprietor should make sure that the residential or commercial property: Is clean and healthy to reside in Has actually been fixed (if there is damage). Has safe, functional gas, electrical and pipes. Has safe and secure windows and doors which work appropriately. Your local authority or housing association will likely have a repairs and maintenance policy, so it’s a great concept to request a copy of this when you relocate. By doing this, if anything does need fixing during your tenancy you have a point of recommendation to understand if the responsibility lies with you or your property manager. If your house is damaged, then is damaged further by repair work and maintenance work organised by your property owner, then they are responsible for rectifying and paying for repairs. If you are residing in a home with structural disrepair, your property manager must make the necessary repairs as soon as possible. Furthermore, if you’re avoided from using all or part of your house because of repair, it is possible to request short-term accommodation or a reduction in rent for the time you are impacted. Are you living in a state of disrepair? If your property owner fails to supply you with the required repair work then our Housing disrepair solicitors can help you declare for these repairs and settlement. Is your proprietor stopping working to offer you with a safe and fit living location? Get in touch.

What is a Housing Association Repairs and Maintenance Policy on Health and Safety Standards?

There are particular health and safety standards which apply to leased homes. By law, your house must be safe and in shape to reside in when your occupancy begins and this should continue throughout the occupancy. From the starting to the end of your tenancy, your housing association has commitments to repair and keep safety of:. The gas supply and gas devices they supply. Electrical wiring and electrical home appliances they supply. Condensation, wet and mould are also typical issues that you might encounter. You should report issues with this to your landlord instantly. Every property manager, whether they are a regional authority or a housing association, has responsibilities to repair moist and mould, as well as to recognize the reason for the problem. After you’ve reported the problem, an inspection and repairs they are responsible for need to be performed. If the condensation has happened due to a stopping working to supply sufficient ventilation on their part, it’s their task to resolve the ventilation problem. Wet and mould can pose a serious risk to health, causing respiratory issues like asthma and bronchitis, specifically in young kids. This is why it is necessary that you report it to your landlord, and that they arrange it out as quickly as possible. Everybody is worthy of a safe house. Are functions of your home unsafe, and has your social Housing property manager failed to make the required repair work? To find out more about your housing association obligations to occupants, get in touch.

What Are my Housing Association Repair Obligations and Requirements?

As an occupant you do have a specific quantity of obligation to keep where you live clean, safe and tidy, your local authority or housing association also has a lot of repair and upkeep responsibilities. Social Housing landlords are responsible for a lot of repairs in your home, consisting of any damage or disrepair affecting:. the structure/exterior of the structure i.e. the roofing, walls, windows and external doors. main heating, gas fires, fireplaces, flues, ventilation and chimneys. water system, pipes, sinks, toilets and baths. external drains and guttering. gas pipes, electrical circuitry and any appliances supplied i.e. if a cleaning maker is offered the landlord is most likely accountable if it breaks. common locations like lifts and entryways. If you reside in a home of several occupation or an HMO, your property owner has a lot more responsibilities for fire and basic safety, water supply and drain, gas and electricity and garbage disposal. These should be detailed in your tenancy arrangement, which our Housing disrepair solicitors can help you comprehend if you feel like you can claim versus your landlord or social housing association. We can send somebody over to examine the damage to your home if you live in social Housing to help us evaluate if you can make a claim. Contact us.

What Is Housing Disrepair in A Lancaster Housing Association Home?

Many homes in the UK struggle with wet, one of the most typical reasons that people seek housing disrepair settlement. Obviously, moist is a precursor to mould, and mould is also a really typical reason for people to look for settlement from the property manager for mould. Your real estate association settlement policy need to cover what the association’s tasks are with regard to declaring for needed repair work such as moist and mould. Moist and mould are together, the most common reasons for people to make a grievance to their housing association, there are numerous more reasons such as: No warm water Broken heating Malfunctioning electrics No gas supply Leaking pipelines or roof Damaged windows or doors There really are numerous reasons you might need to claim for real estate disrepair against your housing association. Call us here at We and inform us what your issue is, and we will let you know whether you have a valid claim or not. You can use the number at the end of this guide to call us.

When Could Make A Complaint About Your Lancaster Housing Association?

Choosing simply when to make a problem to your housing association will boil down to just how bad the housing disrepair really is. If it is the middle of winter season and the central heating system has broken down, you will want to complain rapidly. In your occupancy contract, you will discover information about the optimum timescale that your housing association has to fix certain types of repairs. If this maximum timescale has not run, then you should be reporting the requirement for a repair work, rather than making a problem about a repair not being performed. We can help you claim for housing disrepair from your real estate association. Call us on the phone number down at the end of this guide to proceed.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly