Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Nottingham

If Yes & Your Nottingham Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Nottingham Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Nottingham - What can I declare for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much money could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For a claim to succeed you need to have advised the Housing Association. We can assist in helping you do this free of charge.

Mould or Damp Problems

Rodent and pest infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Electrics or Boilers.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Nottingham

What is Housing Association Responsibilities to Nottingham Tenants?

Although it is difficult to develop what the repair work commitments of a housing association or local authority are, in general, social Housing landlords are normally responsible for repair work and upkeep. When you first relocate, and throughout your tenancy, your property owner should make certain that the home: Is clean and in shape to reside in Has been fixed (if there is damage). Has safe, practical gas, electrical and pipes. Has safe and protected windows and doors which work effectively. Your regional authority or housing association will likely have a repairs and upkeep policy, so it’s an excellent idea to ask for a copy of this when you relocate. In this manner, if anything does require fixing throughout your tenancy you have a point of referral to understand if the commitment lies with you or your property owner. If your home is harmed, then is harmed even more by repair and upkeep work arranged by your property owner, then they are accountable for remedying and paying for repair work. If you are living in a house with structural disrepair, your property manager needs to make the necessary repairs as soon as possible. Additionally, if you’re prevented from utilizing all or part of your home because of repair, it is possible to request short-term lodging or a decrease in rent for the time you are impacted. Are you residing in a state of disrepair? If your proprietor fails to supply you with the essential repairs then our Housing disrepair lawyers can help you claim for these repairs and payment. Is your property manager failing to supply you with a safe and fit living location? Get in touch.

What is a Housing Association Repairs and Maintenance Policy on Health and Safety Standards?

There are specific health and safety requirements which apply to leased homes. By law, your home needs to be safe and healthy to reside in when your tenancy begins and this should continue throughout the occupancy. From the starting to the end of your occupancy, your housing association has commitments to repair and preserve safety of:. The gas supply and gas home appliances they supply. Electrical electrical wiring and electrical devices they provide. Condensation, moist and mould are likewise typical problems that you might come across. You must report problems with this to your property owner instantly. Every proprietor, whether they are a regional authority or a housing association, has obligations to repair damp and mould, as well as to identify the reason for the problem. After you’ve reported the issue, a maintenance they are responsible for need to be performed. If the condensation has happened due to a failing to offer adequate ventilation on their part, it’s their job to solve the ventilation concern. Wet and mould can present a severe danger to health, causing respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis, particularly in young children. This is why it is important that you report it to your property manager, and that they arrange it out as quickly as possible. Everybody is worthy of a safe house. Are features of your house hazardous, and has your social Housing landlord stopped working to make the required repair work? To find out more about your housing association obligations to renters, contact us.

What Are my Housing Association Repair Obligations and Requirements?

As a tenant you do have a certain amount of obligation to keep where you live clean, safe and tidy, your local authority or housing association likewise has a lot of repair work and maintenance responsibilities. Social Housing proprietors are responsible for the majority of repairs in your house, including any damage or disrepair impacting:. the structure/exterior of the structure i.e. the roofing, walls, windows and external doors. central heating, gas fires, fireplaces, flues, ventilation and chimneys. water supply, pipelines, sinks, toilets and baths. external drains and guttering. gas pipelines, electrical circuitry and any home appliances supplied i.e. if a washing machine is supplied the property manager is most likely accountable if it breaks. typical locations like lifts and entryways. If you live in a house of numerous occupation or an HMO, your property owner has much more responsibilities for fire and basic security, water supply and drainage, gas and electricity and garbage disposal. These should be detailed in your tenancy contract, which our Housing disrepair lawyers can help you understand if you feel like you have the right to claim versus your property owner or social housing association. We can send somebody over to inspect the damage to your house if you reside in social Housing to assist us assess if you can make a claim. Contact us.

Nottingham Housing Association Tenant Responsibilities and Repair Obligations.

As a housing association occupant, you have a series of repair work and upkeep commitments, mainly for functions inside your home. If you or someone visiting your house mistakenly or deliberately triggers damage, you’ll be the one responsible for repairing it. If something occurs and repair work is required then you need to tell your landlord as soon as possible. They might consent to perform home repair and maintenance themselves and after that charge the expense to you, or they might accept you fixing it. By law, in every occupancy agreement it will specify that you need to admit for repair: your proprietor or their representative can access your home as long as they provide you at least twenty-four hours notification. In an emergency situation, for instance if a pipeline has burst, and they can’t call you then they hold the right to go into the home without your permission. You are accountable for using your home in a “tenant-like” way, which normally indicates:. Carrying out small repair work yourself i.e. altering fuses and light bulbs. Keeping your home reasonably clean. Not causing damage to the home – including visitors. Using any components and fittings properly, for example, not obstructing a toilet by flushing something unsuitable down it. It is extremely important to note that at no point throughout the occupancy do you can stop paying or refuse to pay lease. Even if your proprietor has actually stopped working to perform repair work, you need to continue to pay lease until the end of the occupancy. If you think you must not have to pay the total, you can form a problem with the proprietor in which you can state your factors.

What Is A Housing Association?

No guide to making housing association complaints would be complete without a full description of what a real estate association is. These are non-profit making enterprises, which own several homes, and are in business of leasing these properties out. Where a personal property owner might only have one or a handful of homes, a real estate association might potentially be leasing hundreds at a time. All of the revenue made from leasing goes towards maintaining and improving the homes, as well as extending the residential or commercial property portfolio. Housing association properties that are leased to low-income groups is typically given the name social real estate. It is the really non-profit making organisation you would make a claim for real estate association compensation versus. We can assist you with real estate association compensation claims, call us on the number down at the end of this guide to discover how we can help you.

When Could Make A Complaint About Your Nottingham Housing Association?

Choosing just when to make a problem to your real estate association will come down to just how bad the housing disrepair really is. If it is the middle of winter season and the main heating system has actually broken down, you will desire to grumble rapidly. In your occupancy agreement, you will find details about the maximum timescale that your real estate association has to fix specific types of repair work. If this optimum timescale has not run, then you should be reporting the requirement for a repair work, instead of making a complaint about a repair not being performed. We can assist you claim for real estate disrepair from your real estate association. Call us on the phone number down at the end of this guide to continue.

Taking Your Housing Association to Court for Housing Disrepair

When you have actually completed your Housing association problems procedure, you will then need to wait 8 weeks. Throughout this 8-week period, your Housing association should fix your problem for you. If it does not, then you will require to bring a claims case against them, which will either be settled out of court, or go to court for judgement. We can help you take your Housing associated to court. Call us at the number at the bottom of this page to discover how we can do this.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly