Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Stockingford

If Yes & Your Stockingford Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Stockingford Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Stockingford - What can I claim for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For your claim to succeed you need to have advised the Council. We can assist in helping you do this free of charge.

Mould or Damp Problems

Rodent and pest infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Boilers and Electrics.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Stockingford

Repair Work Commitments in Housing Association and Stockingford Resident Authority Homes: Occupants or Landlords?

If you live in social Housing, your rights and obligations as an occupant likely vary from if you lived in private rented Housing. One grey area which tenants tend to lack knowledge in is who spends for property repair work and upkeep in social Housing, particularly if the damage is not the renter’s fault. Do the repair work responsibilities in housing association and local authority houses fall to the tenant or the property manager? The answer is – it depends. Often it is clear cut that the tenant is responsible for a repair work, and often it’s obvious that the proprietor should pay up, however what occurs when it isn’t so black and white? Or, what takes place if a housing association neglects their repair work commitments and leaves their occupant living in disrepair? This guide plans to help you establish if your social Housing property manager is attempting to shirk their obligation and what to do about it if they are. If you live in social or council Housing and your property owner is declining to make necessary repair work, we can assist. Repair work and Maintenance in Social Housing

What is a Housing Association Repairs and Maintenance Policy on Health and Safety Standards?

There are specific health and wellness requirements which apply to rented houses. By law, your house should be safe and healthy to live in when your tenancy begins and this need to continue throughout the occupancy. From the starting to the end of your tenancy, your housing association has obligations to repair and keep security of:. The gas supply and gas devices they supply. Electrical electrical wiring and electrical appliances they provide. Condensation, moist and mould are also common problems that you may encounter. You should report issues with this to your property manager immediately. Every property owner, whether they are a regional authority or a housing association, has commitments to fix damp and mould, in addition to to recognize the reason for the problem. After you’ve reported the issue, an inspection and repairs they are accountable for ought to be performed. For instance, if the condensation has actually occurred due to a stopping working to offer appropriate ventilation on their part, it’s their job to resolve the ventilation problem. Wet and mould can pose a major danger to health, causing respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis, particularly in young children. This is why it is vital that you report it to your property owner, and that they arrange it out as quickly as possible. Everyone should have a safe home. Are features of your house risky, and has your social Housing property manager stopped working to make the necessary repair work? To find out more about your housing association obligations to occupants, contact us.

What Are my Housing Association Repair Obligations and Requirements?

Although as a renter you do have a certain amount of duty to keep where you live tidy, safe and tidy, your local authority or housing association also has a lot of repair work and maintenance responsibilities. Social Housing proprietors are responsible for a lot of repair work in your house, including any damage or disrepair affecting:. the structure/exterior of the structure i.e. the roofing, walls, windows and external doors. main heating, gas fires, fireplaces, flues, ventilation and chimneys. supply of water, pipelines, sinks, toilets and baths. external drains pipes and guttering. gas pipes, electrical circuitry and any devices provided i.e. if a washing device is offered the proprietor is likely accountable if it breaks. typical locations like lifts and entryways. If you reside in a house of several occupation or an HMO, your property owner has much more duties for fire and basic security, supply of water and drainage, gas and electrical power and waste disposal. These need to be detailed in your occupancy contract, which our Housing disrepair solicitors can help you understand if you feel like you deserve to claim versus your landlord or social housing association. We can send out somebody over to examine the damage to your home if you live in social Housing to assist us examine if you can make a claim. Get in touch.

When Could Make A Complaint About Your Stockingford Housing Association?

Choosing just when to make a complaint to your housing association will boil down to simply how bad the real estate disrepair actually is. If it is the middle of winter season and the main heating system has actually broken down, you will want to grumble rapidly. In your occupancy agreement, you will discover information about the optimum timescale that your housing association has to fix certain types of repair work. If this optimum timescale has not run, then you should be reporting the requirement for a repair work, rather than making a grievance about a repair not being carried out. We can assist you claim for real estate disrepair from your housing association. Call us on the telephone number down at the end of this guide to continue.

Taking Your Housing Association to Court for Housing Disrepair

Once you have actually completed your Housing association grievances procedure, you will then have to wait 8 weeks. During this 8-week period, your Housing association ought to resolve your grievance for you. If it does not, then you will need to bring a claims case versus them, which will either be settled out of court, or go to court for judgement. We can assist you take your Housing associated to court. Call us at the number at the bottom of this page to discover how we can do this.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly