Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Stourbridge

If Yes & Your Stourbridge Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Stourbridge Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Stourbridge - What can I declare for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much compensation could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For your claim to succeed you need to have advised the Council. We can assist in helping you do this free of charge.

Damp or mould Problems

Rodent and pest infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Electrics or Boilers.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Stourbridge

Repair Obligations in Housing Association and Stourbridge Local Authority Houses: Renters or Landlords?

If you live in social Housing, your rights and responsibilities as an occupant most likely differ from if you resided in private leased Housing. One grey area which renters tend to lack understanding in is who pays for residential or commercial property repair work and maintenance in social Housing, particularly if the damage is not the tenant’s fault. Do the repair obligations in housing association and regional authority houses are up to the occupant or the proprietor? The response is – it depends. In some cases it is clear cut that the renter is accountable for a repair work, and sometimes it’s obvious that the property owner should pay up, but what occurs when it isn’t so black and white? Or, what takes place if a housing association neglects their repair commitments and leaves their tenant living in disrepair? This guide means to assist you develop if your social Housing property owner is attempting to shirk their responsibility and what to do about it if they are. If you live in social or council Housing and your landlord is refusing to make necessary repair work, we can assist. Repairs and Maintenance in Social Housing

What is a Housing Association Repairs and Maintenance Policy on Health and Safety Standards?

There are specific health and wellness standards which apply to rented homes. By law, your home needs to be safe and in shape to reside in when your occupancy starts and this need to continue throughout the occupancy. From the starting to the end of your tenancy, your housing association has obligations to fix and preserve safety of:. The gas supply and gas home appliances they offer. Electrical wiring and electrical home appliances they supply. Condensation, wet and mould are likewise typical problems that you may encounter. You should report problems with this to your landlord instantly. Every proprietor, whether they are a regional authority or a housing association, has commitments to fix wet and mould, as well as to recognize the cause of the problem. After you’ve reported the problem, a maintenance they are responsible for need to be carried out. For example, if the condensation has actually occurred due to a failing to supply adequate ventilation on their part, it’s their task to deal with the ventilation issue. Moist and mould can pose a major risk to health, causing breathing issues like asthma and bronchitis, specifically in young kids. This is why it is important that you report it to your landlord, and that they arrange it out as quickly as possible. Everybody is worthy of a safe house. Are features of your home risky, and has your social Housing property manager stopped working to make the required repairs? To discover more about your housing association responsibilities to occupants, get in touch.

What Are my Housing Association Repair Obligations and Requirements?

Although as an occupant you do have a specific quantity of duty to keep where you live tidy, safe and neat, your regional authority or housing association likewise has a lot of repair work and upkeep obligations. Social Housing proprietors are accountable for many repair work in your house, including any damage or disrepair impacting:. the structure/exterior of the building i.e. the roofing, walls, windows and external doors. central heating, gas fires, fireplaces, flues, ventilation and chimneys. supply of water, pipelines, sinks, toilets and baths. external drains and guttering. gas pipelines, electrical circuitry and any home appliances supplied i.e. if a washing machine is supplied the landlord is most likely accountable if it breaks. typical locations like lifts and entrances. If you reside in a home of multiple profession or an HMO, your property owner has much more responsibilities for fire and general safety, water supply and drainage, gas and electrical energy and waste disposal. These should be detailed in your occupancy agreement, which our Housing disrepair solicitors can assist you understand if you feel like you deserve to claim against your landlord or social housing association. We can send somebody over to inspect the damage to your house if you reside in social Housing to help us assess if you can make a claim. Get in touch.

What Is Housing Disrepair in A Stourbridge Housing Association Home?

Numerous homes in the UK experience wet, among the most common reasons that people look for housing disrepair settlement. Obviously, wet is a precursor to mould, and mould is likewise a really common reason for people to seek compensation from the proprietor for mould. Your real estate association settlement policy ought to cover what the association’s responsibilities are with regard to claiming for needed repair work such as damp and mould. Although wet and mould are together, the most typical reasons for people to make a problem to their housing association, there are many more reasons such as: No hot water Broken heating Defective electrics No gas supply Leaking pipelines or roof Broken windows or doors There truly are many reasons that you may require to claim for housing disrepair against your real estate association. Call us here at We and inform us what your problem is, and we will let you know whether you have a legitimate claim or not. You can use the number at the end of this guide to contact us.

When Could Make A Complaint About Your Stourbridge Housing Association?

Deciding simply when to make a problem to your real estate association will come down to simply how bad the housing disrepair in fact is. If it is the middle of winter season and the main heating system has broken down, you will desire to complain rapidly. However, in your tenancy arrangement, you will discover information about the maximum timescale that your housing association needs to fix specific types of repairs. If this optimum timescale has not run, then you ought to be reporting the need for a repair, instead of making a problem about a repair not being carried out. We can help you declare for real estate disrepair from your real estate association. Call us on the phone number down at the end of this guide to continue.

How to Complain About Stourbridge Repairs and Maintenance

If you need to complain to the real estate association, there are 3 primary approaches for doing this. The very first approach needs to be used in all cases; the other two will depend upon the nature of the real estate repair work. Likewise, you can perhaps pursue property owner payment for trouble for actually having to make a claim. The very first technique is to call your housing association and follow their protests procedure. This ought to be detailed in your occupancy agreement. The 2nd technique is to grumble to the Housing Ombudsmen Service. A Government body particularly charged with taking care of the tenants’ rights. The 3rd approach only works for health-threatening housing disrepair. Such as payment for disrepair example would be serious, health-threatening mould. And in these cases, you can make a complaint to the Environmental Health Department, who handles any issues that trigger a health danger to the general public. We can likewise advise you about the very best problems treatment to follow, call us on the number at the bottom of this guide to learn how.

What Evidence Do You Need to Complain About the Stourbridge Housing Association?

Part of the answer to the concern, how to make a complaint about Housing association? Is that you need to prepare evidence to support your claim, such as: Copies of all correspondence between yourself and the Housing association going over the matter. Photo and video proof of the issue. Information of any failed efforts at a repair work. A record of all telephone call concerning the problem. Medical records if the Housing repair work caused a health problem. All invoices for anything you have invested to get around the problem in the short-term. We is experienced with grumbles about Housing associations and can help you to claim the Housing disrepair compensation you are entitled to. Call us at the number at the bottom of this page to proceed. Once You Report A Problem, How Long Do Housing Associations to Address It? As soon as you have made a protest to your Housing association about Housing disrepair, they have a limited time to finish the repair work in. The repair work schedule will be set out in your occupancy arrangement and differs between Housing associations. When this time period has run, you will then have the ability to begin a payment claim. We can help you make a personal injury claim for an injury or disease triggered by Housing disrepair. Call us at the number down near the bottom of this page to begin your claim today.

Following Your Housing Association’s Complaints Process

Your Housing association will have its own formal complaints treatment. You should have been given details of this procedure when you signed your occupancy arrangement. If you do not have it, call your Housing association and ask for a copy in writing. You need to follow this treatment correctly, only when this procedure stops working to get your Housing disrepair fixed, will there be a path to making a payment claim. We can assist you to make personal injury claims for an injury or illness caused by Housing disrepair. Call us on the number down near the bottom of this guide to start your claim today.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly