Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Merseyside

If Yes & Your Merseyside Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Merseyside Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Merseyside - What can I claim for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much money could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For your claim to succeed you need to have advised the Housing Association. We can assist in helping you do this with no cost.

Mould or Damp Problems

Rodent and pest infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Boilers and Electrics.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Merseyside

What is Housing Association Responsibilities to Merseyside Tenants?

Although it is difficult to develop what the repair responsibilities of a housing association or regional authority are, in general, social Housing landlords are normally responsible for repair work and upkeep. When you first move in, and throughout your tenancy, your proprietor should make sure that the home: Is clean and fit to live in Has actually been repaired (if there is damage). Has safe, functional gas, electrical and pipes. Has safe and secure doors and windows which work appropriately. Your local authority or housing association will likely have a repair work and maintenance policy, so it’s a good idea to request a copy of this when you move in. In this manner, if anything does need fixing throughout your tenancy you have a point of recommendation to understand if the responsibility lies with you or your proprietor. If your house is damaged, then is harmed even more by repair and maintenance work organised by your proprietor, then they are responsible for remedying and paying for repair work. If you are living in a house with structural disrepair, your proprietor must make the necessary repairs as soon as possible. Additionally, if you’re prevented from using all or part of your house because of repair work, it is possible to request short-term accommodation or a reduction in rent for the time you are affected. Are you living in a state of disrepair? If your landlord stops working to supply you with the required repairs then our Housing disrepair lawyers can assist you declare for these repairs and payment. Is your property manager failing to provide you with a safe and in shape living location? Contact us.

Merseyside Housing Association Tenant Responsibilities and Repair Obligations.

As a housing association renter, you have a series of repair and maintenance commitments, primarily for functions inside your home. For example, if you or someone visiting your house inadvertently or intentionally triggers damage, you’ll be the one responsible for repairing it. If something happens and repair is needed then you ought to inform your landlord as soon as possible. They may consent to perform home repair and upkeep themselves and after that charge the expense to you, or they might agree to you fixing it. By law, in every tenancy agreement it will mention that you must admit for repair work: your proprietor or their agent can access your house as long as they offer you a minimum of twenty-four hours notification. In an emergency, for example if a pipeline has burst, and they can’t contact you then they hold the right to get in the residential or commercial property without your approval. You are accountable for utilizing your home in a “tenant-like” method, which usually suggests:. Carrying out small repairs yourself i.e. changing fuses and light bulbs. Keeping your house reasonably tidy. Not triggering damage to the home – including visitors. Using any components and fittings correctly, for instance, not blocking a toilet by flushing something inappropriate down it. It is really crucial to note that at no point throughout the occupancy do you have the right to stop paying or decline to pay lease. Even if your property owner has failed to perform repair work, you need to continue to pay rent till the end of the occupancy. If you think you should not have to pay the total, you can form a complaint with the landlord in which you can state your reasons.

Taking Your Housing Association to Court for Housing Disrepair

When you have completed your Housing association grievances treatment, you will then need to wait 8 weeks. Throughout this 8-week duration, your Housing association need to resolve your complaint for you. If it does not, then you will need to bring a claims case versus them, which will either be settled out of court, or litigate for judgement. We can assist you take your Housing associated to court. Call us at the number at the bottom of this page to learn how we can do this.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly