Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Streatham

If Yes & Your Streatham Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Streatham Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Streatham - What can I declare for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much compensation could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For a claim to succeed you need to have advised the Council. We can assist in helping you do this free of charge.

Mould or Damp Problems

Rodent and pest infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Electrics or Boilers.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Streatham

What Are my Housing Association Repair Obligations and Requirements?

Although as a renter you do have a specific amount of responsibility to keep where you live clean, safe and tidy, your regional authority or housing association likewise has a great deal of repair and upkeep commitments. Social Housing property owners are responsible for the majority of repairs in your home, including any damage or disrepair impacting:. the structure/exterior of the structure i.e. the roofing, walls, windows and external doors. main heating, gas fires, fireplaces, flues, ventilation and chimneys. supply of water, pipelines, sinks, toilets and baths. external drains and guttering. gas pipelines, electrical circuitry and any devices supplied i.e. if a washing device is supplied the landlord is most likely responsible if it breaks. typical locations like lifts and entryways. If you reside in a home of several profession or an HMO, your proprietor has a lot more obligations for fire and general safety, supply of water and drain, gas and electrical energy and waste disposal. These should be detailed in your occupancy agreement, which our Housing disrepair solicitors can assist you understand if you seem like you deserve to claim against your proprietor or social housing association. We can send somebody over to inspect the damage to your home if you live in social Housing to assist us examine if you can make a claim. Contact us.

Streatham Housing Association Tenant Responsibilities and Repair Obligations.

As a housing association tenant, you have a series of repair and maintenance responsibilities, mostly for functions inside your property. If you or somebody visiting your home unintentionally or intentionally causes damage, you’ll be the one accountable for repairing it. If something occurs and repair work is needed then you need to inform your property owner as soon as possible. They may consent to carry out property repair and upkeep themselves and then charge the expense to you, or they may accept you fixing it. By law, in every tenancy agreement it will specify that you must admit for repair work: your property owner or their representative deserves to access your home as long as they give you a minimum of twenty-four hours notification. In an emergency, for instance if a pipeline has burst, and they can’t contact you then they hold the right to enter the property without your approval. You are accountable for using your home in a “tenant-like” method, which normally implies:. Performing small repair work yourself i.e. changing merges and light bulbs. Keeping your home fairly tidy. Not causing damage to the home – including visitors. Using any fixtures and fittings properly, for instance, not blocking a toilet by flushing something unsuitable down it. It is very essential to note that at no point during the tenancy do you can stop paying or refuse to pay rent. Even if your landlord has actually stopped working to perform repairs, you must continue to pay lease till the end of the tenancy. If you think you ought to not have to pay the total, you can form a grievance with the landlord in which you can mention your reasons.

When Could Make A Complaint About Your Streatham Housing Association?

Deciding just when to make a grievance to your real estate association will boil down to just how bad the housing disrepair really is. For example, if it is the middle of winter and the main heater has broken down, you will want to complain quickly. In your occupancy agreement, you will find information about the maximum timescale that your housing association has to repair specific types of repairs. If this maximum timescale has not run, then you should be reporting the need for a repair, instead of making a grievance about a repair work not being performed. We can help you declare for real estate disrepair from your housing association. Call us on the telephone number down at the end of this guide to proceed.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly