Call Us Today: 0161 850 9796

No Win No Fee Compensation

Your claim for disrepair i.e. forcing Housing Asscociation or Council to carry out repairs will not cost you anything because our fees will be paid by your Housing Asscociation or Council.

However, if we also recover compensation for you, we will agree with you a proportion of this as a success fee. If we do not recover compensation there will of course be no further charge to you. All of this can be explained when we speak to you.

No Win No Fee | Email:

No Win No Fee

Housing Disrepair Wakefield

If Yes & Your Wakefield Housing Association or Council is Ignoring You

Call 0808 169 4398 to receive FREE, no obligation advice

Get a FREE Consultation with our Wakefield Housing Association Claim Experts Today
Simply Call 0808 169 4398

Call Back Request

Housing Disrepair Claims Wakefield - What can I claim for?

We examine claims on a case to case basis. Areas you can declare for are:

  • Payment for residing in a property with disrepair
  • Personal effects that has actually been damaged due to disrepair
  • Injury to your health caused by the disrepair.

Just how much money could I receive?

Our primary objective is to get your home fixed to your lawyer’s standard not to the property manager’s requirement. Everybody has a legal right to live in a well-maintained property.

A property manager will offer compensation depending upon the seriousness of the disrepair and the length of time, compensation differs on a case to case basis. You can also declare for any personal products you have actually needed to change due to the disrepair.

For your claim to succeed you need to have advised the Council. We can assist in helping you do this free of charge.

Damp or mould Problems

Pest or Rodent infestation.

Roofing, Windows, Gutters or Drains.

Structural defects to your property

Boilers and Electrics.

Flooding and water leakages.

Disrepair Claims Wakefield

What Are my Housing Association Repair Obligations and Requirements?

Although as a renter you do have a particular quantity of obligation to keep where you live clean, safe and tidy, your local authority or housing association also has a great deal of repair and upkeep commitments. Social Housing property owners are responsible for the majority of repairs in your home, including any damage or disrepair impacting:. the structure/exterior of the structure i.e. the roofing system, walls, windows and external doors. main heating, gas fires, fireplaces, flues, ventilation and chimneys. water system, pipelines, sinks, toilets and baths. external drains pipes and guttering. gas pipelines, electrical circuitry and any appliances supplied i.e. if a washing device is provided the proprietor is likely accountable if it breaks. typical locations like lifts and entrances. If you live in a home of several profession or an HMO, your proprietor has much more responsibilities for fire and basic safety, water system and drain, gas and electricity and garbage disposal. These should be detailed in your tenancy contract, which our Housing disrepair solicitors can help you comprehend if you feel like you have the right to claim versus your property manager or social housing association. We can send somebody over to check the damage to your home if you live in social Housing to assist us assess if you can make a claim. Contact us.

Wakefield Housing Association Tenant Responsibilities and Repair Obligations.

As a housing association tenant, you have a range of repair and maintenance commitments, mainly for functions inside your property. If you or someone visiting your home inadvertently or intentionally triggers damage, you’ll be the one accountable for repairing it. If something happens and repair work is required then you need to tell your property manager as soon as possible. They may agree to carry out property repair work and maintenance themselves and after that recharge the expense to you, or they may accept you fixing it. By law, in every occupancy agreement it will mention that you need to give access for repair work: your property manager or their agent deserves to access your house as long as they provide you a minimum of twenty-four hours notification. In an emergency situation, for instance if a pipeline has burst, and they can’t call you then they hold the right to go into the property without your permission. You are accountable for using your home in a “tenant-like” method, which generally indicates:. Performing small repair work yourself i.e. altering fuses and light bulbs. Keeping your house fairly clean. Not causing damage to the property – consisting of visitors. Using any fixtures and fittings correctly, for instance, not blocking a toilet by flushing something unsuitable down it. It is extremely crucial to note that at no point throughout the tenancy do you have the right to stop paying or refuse to pay rent. Even if your property owner has actually failed to perform repairs, you must continue to pay rent until the end of the tenancy. If you believe you ought to not need to pay the total, you can form a complaint with the landlord in which you can state your reasons.

Taking Your Housing Association to Court for Housing Disrepair

As soon as you have actually completed your Housing association grievances procedure, you will then have to wait 8 weeks. Throughout this 8-week duration, your Housing association need to resolve your grievance for you. If it does not, then you will require to bring a claims case versus them, which will either be settled out of court, or litigate for judgement. We can help you take your Housing associated to court. Call us at the number at the bottom of this page to discover how we can do this.

Call Back

Enter your basic info we’ll get in touch shortly